Social Icons

Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Birthday Party...or Weekend...or Week...

So, I have long realized that I have amazing friends and family.  However, that has become all the more apparent over the past couple of weeks.
I turned 30 this past week, and have been able to experience the best ten days possible.  It is far too much to detail in one blog, so bear with me while I work my way through this. :)

To kick it off, my parents, along with myself and my husband, purchased a Groupon for an 11-course French dinner.  In a castle (or as close as Michigan comes to castles!).


The food was awesome, the locations beautiful, the service...well, not so great.  But I am thrilled that we went and it was a great way to kick off the weekend.

Next came the day to end all days....My birthday bash....

Now, I had entrusted Liz & Lainie to plan the party.  All of the details that I was provided with were related to where we were parking, where we were eating dinner, and what I should wear (which was basically not large heels).

However, to prep, the three of us got pedicures and then I got my hair highlighted.  A very nice start to a very busy evening!



Next up.  Dinner.  I had requested a part of the evening to be a smaller group.  So Liz and Ryan planned dinner with Jeremy and I.  Then I found out that some of my friends, who live on the other side of the state, would be coming...so of course they had to join dinner!  We went to an amazing tapas restaurant and had a chance to visit and chat.

We then hung out for a short time, just the seven of us, before everyone else joined us.

Finally, it was time.  Time to find out what we were going to be doing for the rest of the night.  Turns out, it was a scavenger hunt! We were divided into three groups, each group had to take pictures in 4 locations, and take shots at 4 locations.  It was a blast! (And yes, there were paper cutouts of my face for each group to take along)



 
We ended the night with a party at a local bar.  All in all, it was truly a perfect night!







So...in memory of a perfect night...thanks to many phenomenal friends...I have a fun little song for ya...
"My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson
And yes, I do realize that this is normally about couples, but trust me...it totally works for friends!!

1 comment:

  1. What great friends you have. Sounds like a great night and so glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Blogger Templates