Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

One Day....

Well, I’ve done it.  Again.  I am so busy that I have run out of time…for anything.  Work is going well, but with my job, I am on call every other weekend, so that pretty well limits my time.  Then I have some things I am doing with my church, to try and help out for a while.  Things I am very happy to do, and am very capable of doing, but yet it is still more time that is taken up.  I am doing things that I enjoy with friends, and yet it feels that I don’t get to see them as much as I want.  I am seeing my husband more, which rocks, but it still feels like I rarely see him. 

This is something I am good at.  I love to be busy.  I hate being bored.  But I do not enjoy feeling overwhelmed.  I am okay with having plans every night, as long as I still feel like I have room to breathe.  It is a very careful balance for me.  If I am too busy, I become exhausted and stop doing anything.  If I am not busy enough, I sit at home and become depressed.  I have not yet perfected the balance.

I think some of my feelings of being overwhelmed is that I have such an amazing weekend coming up.  Yes, I know I’m weird. When I look forward to things, it becomes very all encompassing.  I live for anticipation of an event, as much as for the event itself.  I have a weekend of family time, friend time, me time.  It’s perfect.  But I have been so busy preparing for it, that I am swamped. 

I have so many blogs, with so many pictures, that I want to post, yet I cannot seem to focus enough to actually sit down and write them.  I have so much that I want to do on my house, but I never have the energy, or the time.  I have so many more concerts and events that I want to go to, but every evening is accounted for.

The key, I think, is to remember that it only takes one day.  One day to turn it around.  And you only need to take it one day at a time.  It is so much easier to say, than to live.  But, okay.  I will keep trying  What else is there?  I have a very bad habit of trying to make broad, sweeping changes, all at one time.  I rarely make one small change, it is normally an entire lifestyle change.  And big surprise…they don’t stick.  They don’t last more than a few days, as it is just too hard. 

One day.  One change.  One step. 

Tomorrow is a new day.  Tomorrow is a day when I can start over.  It is the beauty of this life that we live.  It is the beauty of forgiveness, the beauty of grace.  Tomorrow is a brand new day. 

And after all, tomorrow starts my amazing weekend.  I promise that I will blog about it. 

So how about we all try to treat tomorrow like a brand new day.  A day to start anew, a day to stop beating ourselves up over the past, a day to try and change one thing, no matter how small.

And of course, my song of the day.  The perfect song for this day.  “Brand New Day” by Joshua Radin.


1 comment:

  1. You got it right! Life is busy and it is hard to balance. Hang in there - we love you.

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Blogger Templates