Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Crazy times

I've been gone.  At least from blog world.  Life has been a bit crazy.  It feels like everything is in flux, even though not all that much really is.  It's one of those times when you get home at night and just collapse.  Per my usual though, music is a huge comfort.  I've kept going to concerts, and despite the energy involved, I have more energy afterwards.  That's what I love.  That's where my enjoyment comes from.  I start getting excited as I get ready, I get to the venue, and then it starts.  The music flows, the conversation flows, and the energy builds.  I will gladly give up the sleep those nights to be able to experience the same every day.  Those who have been to Seven Steps Up or other small venues, you really know what I am referring to. 

So.  Since my last blog.  Where have I been?  Better question might be where haven't I been!  I saw Steve Moakler (with Bennett opening) at Pyramid Scheme, I went to North Carolina for Down the Hatch and saw more amazing bands than I can count (including Pat McGee, Keaton Simons, Emily Hearn, and more), I saw Jillette Johnson at Seven Steps Up, went to see Nickel Creek at Meijer Gardens, then I saw Tyler Hilton and Tony Lucca (with Anna Rose opening) at Seven Steps Up, Picnic Pops started up with the fireworks show with the Grand Rapids Symphony, Gavin DeGraw and Matt Nathanson at Meijer Gardens, and seeing Beck at DeVos Performance Hall.

Coming next is more Picnic Pops shows. (How can that be all I have planned?!?)

Looking back.  I cannot believe how blessed I am.  To see this many amazing artists - to meet so many of my idols - to spend this time with family and friends - What more can I ask for? 

So yes, right now, things aren't the easiest they have ever been.  But that's okay.  One step at a time and I know that I will make it through.  With the help of my family, friends, faith, and music. 

I hope to be able to give you more details on many of these shows - as they truly do warrant the time.  Bear with me as I go backwards and try to catch up.

And thank you for indulging my stream of consciousness pity party that I just went through.

In the meantime - keep listening - keep reading - keep doing whatever it is that gives you the strength you need.

And here is a song for you.  "Falling from Grace" by Todd Carey.  A great guy, a wonderful musician, and someone I hope we will get to see again soon.

Days pass
and I'm waiting, waiting, waiting
for my blood to return
weeks pass
and I'm waiting, waiting, waiting
for my anger to burn

Faces change
and I'm reaching, reaching
for a hand in the dark

Still I'm numb I
feel nothing at all
days pass
I feel nothing at all
weeks pass
can't look down to the fall from grace

And I wish I could scream, or smile
something that makes me feel for a while
wanna feel the rain on my face
as long as I'm falling from grace

Months go
and the only thing I'm sure of's I just do not know

Years run
and I wonder if mistakes I made
will remain undone

Faces change
and I'm reaching, reaching
for a hand in the dark

Still Im numb I
feel nothing at all
days pass
I feel nothing at all
weeks pass
can't look down to the fall from grace

And I wish I could scream, or smile
something that makes me feel for a while
wanna feel the rain on my face
as long as I'm falling from grace
as long as I'm falling from grace

As long as Im falling
As long as Im falling
As long as I'm falling from grace
As long as I'm falling from grace



1 comment:

  1. Very cool song - relax, breathe, and live in the moment - you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Blogger Templates