Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Thanks for the Memories

Memories.  It's something that I talk quite a bit about.  I'm sure you've also noticed that I love to have pictures and videos of everything.  These two items are very related.  I tend to have a terrible memory.  I mean it, it is awful.  Day to day is just fine, but ask me about past birthdays, events, etc, and I will have no clue.  Therefore, I like pictures and videos.  They allow me to trigger those buried memories.

I hope to never lose the memories that I have of these concerts I have been going to.  I am rarely happier than when I am at wonderful live music, so why would I want to forget it?  I'm sure seeing these pictures don't excite you as they do me, so thanks for putting up with it.

So...back to the concert.

I told you that I would talk about the lovely women who photobombed us.  Not sure how to say this politely.  Let's go with...they were....rude.  They were the kind of people who do not stop talking, ever.  They didn't even stop talking during most of the music.  They were louder than twenty one pilots.  And that takes some effort.  But nonetheless, they are part of the memories.  It reminds me why I tend to prefer smaller venues.  When it is a smaller venue, people are less likely to scream throughout a show.

Fall Out Boy was amazing.  Really, they were.  The energy, the quality, the show.  It was awesome.  I have loved their music for quite some time, but until seeing them live, I didn't truly understand how amazing of musicians that they are.  Many rock and punk bands hide behind loud music and bright lights.  Not Fall Out Boy.  They have quality musicians.  Just watch the show, watch their guitar and drum work.  And especially, watch the acoustic video.  I'm sure you will agree.

So, enjoy my memories.  Enjoy the pictures, enjoy the videos, enjoy a glimpse into an amazing night.





A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me"




 
Alone Together


 
Before they would perform the next song, they insisted that the whole stadium do "The Wave", then came the classic....Sugar, We're Going Down!!!




Check out the giant balloons!!!

 With the FOB logo on them






Brendon from Panic! joined FOB on stage

 
I'm Like a Lawyer with the Way I'm Always Trying to Get You Off - Acoustic Version...who knew they rocked as acoustic?!?!?

 The acoustic stage was set up in the middle of the pit


 
Dance, Dance 




 
Save Rock and Roll...gotta love the encore! 


So...my song for this day is Thanks for the Memories by Fall Out Boy.  This was performed at the show, but I didn't catch any video of it.  So here is a video of Patrick with an acoustic version.
 

1 comment:

 
 
Blogger Templates