Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Best Part of Summer

I love summer.  For so many reasons.  I love the warmth, I love going to the beach, I love being able to be outside.  And since I have been living in Grand Rapids, I love the summer concerts that happen.
On top of what seems to be an increase in awesome concerts in the area, in general, there are a ton of concerts that happen weekly.
First, there is Jazz at the Zoo.  My friend Amanda introduced me to this last year.  There is a free concert series for 2-3 months every Monday evening outside of our local zoo.  We bring food and drinks, and then there is great music for a freewill donation.  Amazing.
Second, there is the Tuesday Concert Series.  This is at Meijer Gardens.  This is my first year that I plan to attend a lot of these.  You need to either purchase tickets to the Gardens for the day, or have an annual membership to go.  My husband and I just bought our first membership, and I am excited to see more of these concerts.
Third, there is the Summer Concert Series.  This is also at Meijer Gardens.  This year there is only one that I am going to, Indigo Girls.  Cannot wait!
Fourth, there is Grand Rapids Symphony's Picnic Pops.  This is a four week series.  My family attends all of these every year, for over a decade.  Lots of food, lots of drinks, lots of friends and family.  They are a total blast.
With all of these in mind, I decided to make a schedule of my concert plans.  Most would likely laugh at me for this, but being who I am, it is not a surprise.  I made a spreadsheet with the concerts I plan to attend, if I already have tickets, and when they all are.
*Sidenote* I love spreadsheets.  I love being able to organize my life in this way.  I have a spreadsheet for practically anything...and they are normally color coded.  By the way, I think it is a genetic thing, as my mother and sister are pretty much the same.
Back to my story.  Below is my spreadsheet with what I am planning for this summer.
I am extremely, incredibly, immeasurably happy about this plan. :)


Concert List
Date
Name
Tickets Bought?
May 5, 2013
Tyler Hilton, Teddy Geiger, Olivia Millerschin, Ryan Cabrera
Yes
June 3, 2013
Jazz at the Zoo: Northview High School Jazz Band
No
June 10, 2013
Jazz at the Zoo: The Paul VornHagen Quartet
No
June 17, 2013
Jazz at the Zoo: The Tom Hagen Summer Swingers
No
June 24, 2013
Jazz at the Zoo: Max Colley III's Sextet
No
July 1, 2013
Jazz at the Zoo: Randy Marsh Quintet
No
July 2, 2013
Meijer Gardens: Kelsey Rottiers & Lucas Wilson
No
July 8, 2013
Jazz at the Zoo: Fred Knapp Quintet
No
July 9, 2013
Meijer Gardens: Cabildo & Serita the Black Rose
No
July 12, 2013
Picnic Pops: Classical Fireworks
Yes
July 15, 2013
Jazz at the Zoo: Evan Hyde Group
No
July 16, 2013
Tegan & Sara, Fun.
Yes
July 16, 2013
Meijer Gardens: Andro & Kent County String Band
No
July 19, 2013
Picnic Pops: Natalie MacMaster
Yes
July 22, 2013
Jazz at the Zoo: Paul Keller Quartet
No
July 23, 2013
Meijer Gardens: Monica da Silva & Asuma Johnson
No
July 26, 2013
Picnic Pops: Gotta Dance!
Yes
July 29, 2013
Jazz at the Zoo: The Mark Kahny Group
No
July 30, 2013
Meijer Gardens: Nicholas James Thomasma and the Band Wagon & Kari Lynch
No
August 2, 2013
Picnic Pops: Abba
Yes
August 5, 2013
Jazz at the Zoo: Michelle Covington and Company
No
August 6, 2013
Meijer Gardens: Bennett & AG Silver
No
August 12, 2013
Jazz at the Zoo: Grand Rapids Jazz Orchestra
No
August 13, 2013
Meijer Gardens: Robin Connell & Grand Rapids Jazz Orchestra
No
August 20, 2013
Meijer Gardens: Afro Zuma & The Soil and The Sun
No
August 27, 2013
Meijer Gardens: Ralston and Friends
No
September 5, 2013
Indigo Girls
Yes
September 14, 2013
Twenty One Pilots, Panic at the Disco, Fall Out Boy
Yes
November 29, 2013
Straight No Chaser
Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates