Social Icons

Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Was it worth it? Yep. It was!

So...we made it.  It was finally time for Wakey!Wakey!

I have to say, there are not a lot of bands that I will drive, take a train, stay overnight, and go to a VERY late show (started at 12am Central), to see.  And seriously, it was worth it all.

Michael Grubbs put on a wonderful show.  Great music, a few stories, and getting to hear all of my favorite songs - live.

I love live music.  (if you haven't already picked that up)  I love the energy, I love when the music live is even better than it is recorded, I love the feeling of a crowd coming together rather than pulling against one another.

This concert was the epitome of those feelings.  We were all there for the same thing, we were all enamored, we were all feeling the joy.

So rather than continuing to blather on, enjoy the pics, watch the videos - oh, and go buy the music (wakeywakeymusic.com).  Seriously.  He has a new EP out and a new album is coming at the end of May. 























After the show, we waited to be able to meet Michael Grubbs - the man that is Wakey!Wakey!  Well worth the extra time and energy.



He is a very kind and generous man who took the time to talk to each of us and signed my new poster - which is now hanging amongst my vinyl covers.  And now I just hope that he will actually come to Michigan on the second leg of his tour. :) 

For my song of the day - I give you "Call Me Up" - a song off of the new EP, Irresistible.



1 comment:

  1. Can't believe you were up that late - how cool. Listened to a couple of your links - very nice. How do you keep finding all this music?

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Blogger Templates