Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Variety is the Spice of Life???

So today...I went in to work, determined to be in a good mood.  It has been a rough few weeks, and I thought we needed a change in pace.

It was a pretty crazy day, which meant that I was not at my desk as much as I needed, or wanted.  The reason I wish I was there more, is because when I am, I get to listen to music.  Generally, I put my iPhone on shuffle and see what comes up.  At this moment, I have just over 700 songs on there.  I wish it were more, I just don't have room at this time.

For the first time, I decided to track what came up, and listen to whatever came up.  It was a pretty interesting list.



See You Again – Pat McGee
Almost Everything – Wakey!Wakey!
I’m Like a Lawyer With the Way I’m Always Trying to Get You Off – Fall Out Boy
West Coast Smoker – Fall Out Boy
I’m Not That Girl – Wicked
Sincerely, Me – Better than Ezra
Cold or Bold – Patrick McAloon
Dreams – Brandi Carlile
One Foot – Fun.
27 – Fall Out Boy
Rise (The Dog Barks) – Ryan Cabrera
Down – Mat Kearney
She Got the Honey – Mat Kearney
What a Catch, Donnie – Fall Out Boy
Benson Hedges – Fun.
Don’t Stay – Laura Izibor
Sad Song – Christina Perri
Lover of the Light – Mumford & Sons
The Morrow – Brandi Carlile
Girl that you Love – Panic! At the Disco
Wishing He was Dead – The Like
Anna – The Honey Brothers
The Medicine – Keaton Simons
Why When Love is Gone – The Like
Release – Pat McGee
Compliment – Collective Soul
The Clock – Alex Mendenall
Nicotine – Panic! At the Disco
Square Peg Round Hole – Wakey!Wakey!
Shadow of a Doubt – Down the Line
Death and All His Friend – Coldplay
Ok It’s Alright with Me - Eric Hutchinson
It Hadn’t been Long Enough - Eric Hutchinson
Rollin’ Home – Tyler Hilton
Pass the Time – Justin Stover

Honestly, I'm a little surprised at what the list ended up containing.  It did not have near as much Tyler Hilton as I expected, it had way more Eric Hutchison (only cause I only have a few songs), not enough Indigo Girls or Todd Carey.

As you peruse the list, you see that overall, I tend to listen to fairly mellow stuff - singer/songwriter, heavily male, some fairly obscure stuff, a lot of popular stuff.  And throw in a mix including some more rock such as Fall Out Boy and some Broadway with the Wicked soundtrack.  It was an interesting day.

I will say, listening to the awesome music helped to keep me in a good mood all day. I recommend you give it a try one day.

I think for my song of the day, I will - obviously - go for something on the list.  In honor of the upcoming blog on the rest of my concert experience, I am going with Patrick McAloon (guitarist for The Pat McGee Band).

So I give you...Cold or Bold by Patrick McAloon

1 comment:

  1. I remember the days I used to listen to music all the time. Now, sad to say, I hardly ever listen and I do miss it!

    ReplyDelete

 
 
Blogger Templates