Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Foreshadowing?

So, for about a week, I kept waking up with the same song in my head. The first line is "Put on your war paint."  I feel like maybe I should have paid attention to that.

Last week was the most stressful week of the year for where I work. Each year we have a state inspection. We have a six month window for them to come in. Everything we do and have done is scrutinized to find the smallest error that they can uncover. Even when you do everything right, something will be found. It boils down to a VERY stressful period of time, culminating in the visit and a report with what you messed up. 

Last Tuesday morning was the start of our inspection, with them leaving on Friday afternoon. 

So, back to that song. I'm not one to read meaning into songs that I hear, dreams that I have. But maybe there is something to it. Maybe we should pay greater attention to what our subconscious is telling us. 

Our survey turned out great, thank goodness. And now a long weekend of vacation is starting for me. 

What does this all mean? No idea. But for me, I may pay attention to the lyrics of what is going through my head when I wake up each day. 

So enjoy this song, it is one of my favorites. My song of the day is "The Phoenix" by Fall Out Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates