Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Just Breathe....

Those who know me, know that I can be a little high strung.  When I get stressed, I can get very short with those around me.  I can cut deeper than I ever intend to.  When those times happen, I have found that the best thing I can do...it's to breathe.

That's it.  Nothing fancy, no secret.  Just breathe.  Or as I said in high school, Always remember to breathe.

This works when you are angry, sad, scared, whatever the scenario.  Just breathe.  In and out.  Slowly.  Concentrate.  That's it.  Breathe.  If we keep breathing, we can keep going.

A couple of months ago, I heard about a website called MudLove.  I took a look and ordered some items. 
My favorite from what I ordered

Many who have noticed this bracelet have laughed or questioned it.  More than once I have been asked if this is something I need a reminder to do.  My answer is simple.  Yep.  Sometimes I do need that reminder.

I think we could all use that reminder.  We could all use the reminder to breathe once in a while.  To slow down, to notice our surroundings, to be aware of the impact our actions have on one another.

With that in mind, I chose my Song of the Day.  "Breathe" by Anna Nalick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates