Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Well, duh...

So I had talked about how I find music.  Television, radio, friends, Twitter, etc.  Yesterday I realized something.  I had forgotten the easiest way to find (or rediscover) music.  Pandora.  Yep.  I hadn't been listening to Pandora, at least not in quite some time.

So while I was in my office yesterday, I set up my iPhone and started a new station.  One of the first songs to come on, after the one by the requested artist, was by Mat Kearney.  I was listening, loved it, looked over to see who it was.  I then spent the next 24 hours trying to figure out why I know that name.  I was sure I had heard of him, listened to him, therefore must have some of his music.  Nope.  Not a single song by him.

Today, another one of his songs came on.  Then I bought one of the albums on iTunes.  I spent most of the afternoon listening to his album "Young Love."  When I came home tonight, I started looking for a video to embed in this post, and that's when my husband, from another room, pointed out that I did know of him and his music.  Well, duh...

Sometimes we forget the obvious.  Sometimes we forget what is right in front of us.  I forgot about Pandora, and I forgot about Mat Kearney.  The fact that we forget these things is not what's important.  What's important is that we remember, and then hold on to them.  I now have a new-found appreciation for Pandora, and have added Mat Kearney to my playlists.  These things will not be forgotten anytime soon.

With that in mind, enjoy this acoustic version of "Sooner or Later" by Mat Kearney...it's my Song of the Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates